Bank of America - Great experience | Glassdoor

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You learn a great deal and are provided numerous resources to get the job done.

Cons

There is no cultural identitiy in the investment bank.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Not a great place cause management is not the brightest"

Former Employee - Analyst - Trading in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst - Trading in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good learning and networking opportunities

Cons

very hard to move up, nobody really trying to help you, have to teach yourself, poor management of employees

Advice to Management

Learn to train employees better, people who are young and bright should be given more work and bred to lead

2. "Bank of America is the absolute worst company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Operations Project Manager in West Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Project Manager in West Hills, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good benefits, free parking and my immediate colleagues are wonderful. I am blessed to have the best coworkers that I have ever worked with.

Cons

The legacy Countrywide division of Bank of America (BPG) is an absolute sweatshop! They micromanage to the absolutes extreme, the workloads are very excessive, deadlines are unrealistic, and they constantly bug you for status updates. Management expects associates to work late nights, weekends and even on your vacations and holidays. And you get nothing in return for your hard work (except more work of course). Raises are minimal (if there is not a freeze on raises for people making over a certain amount) bonuses are not merit based (so, if you have an incompetent dolt on your team, they get the same bonus as you) and title changes only come with more work instead of more money. And, if you need to take time off during the doctor, they expect you to deduct it from your paid time off (despite the fact that you are working 60+ hours a week for them). This is the most stressful work environment I have ever encountered! Avoid this division of BofA at all costs!!!

Advice to Management

Start appreciating the efforts of you associates (or even knowing who they are - they have names and faces, not just employee numbers). You have a lot of very talented people working for you that are working extremely hard for not recognition or incentive. Also, hire more people and stop abusing your employees by working them to death and burning them out!