Bank of America - A humble company, indeed. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"A humble company, indeed."

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Manchester, MO
Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Manchester, MO

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bank of America is the best company, I've worked for so far, with many many benefits, some including tuition reimbursement, great healthcare options, 401k, up until recently a pension plan, even help with adoption and daycare... These are only some of the pros for associates. Bank of America is the most humble company I've ever known... Giving so much to its communities and not stepping up to shine the light when negative press goes around.

Cons

Bank of America is such an amazing company to work for, as well a great a wonderful financial institution to keep your wealth sage, with many features and benefits and easy ways to avoid fees. I wish more people knew just how philanthropic Bank of America was... Perhaps then they wouldn't think they were the big evil bank out for a profit... But remember like all banks we are a business and have share holders to appease.

Advice to Management

The angle at which we "sell" is not to make money, it's merely a means to help our customers realize we are selling a better more financially rewarding educational life for them... When I say sell I do of course mean credit cards, bank accounts, etc. most of which costs nothing to a customer if they are doing their part ( no overdrafts, paying their credit cards off each month, etc.) I wish the management would show more value in the relationship building of our customers rather than their end of day numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Operations is horrible- treatment to customers and employees is the same"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

largest bank - good name recognition
    Market centers are well placed and updated technology
    Great marketing pieces

Cons

over worked employees, managers are retained by "good 'ole boy" club even if they are not producing, client committment time frames never met- lots of dissatisfied clients. Management/ employees are not empowered.

Advice to Management

Re-structure operations- meet committment to customers- hire additional staff as needed, don't expect employees to always work overtime.

2. "Lazy workers make a bad company"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice people. Typical banking perks. Not very long hours. Low stress environment. As long as you finish your work, people will leave you alone.

Cons

People do not get rewarded for working harder than others. All pay is based upon years of experience and not necessarily worth.

Advice to Management

Don't hire a certain type of person just meet a quota. Hire the smartest best people you can regardless of what or who they are.