Bank of America - Overworked and under paid with little to no raises. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Overworked and under paid with little to no raises."

Current Employee - Mortgage Specialist II in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Mortgage Specialist II in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like to volunteer then they have a great volunteer committee.

Cons

Hard to post to new depts., Micro-Mgrs, low raises, My Work jobs only allowed for Bands H3-H6 now.

Advice to Management

A huge problem with Bank of America is not paying people the same pay scale as others that do the same job functions. When you hire someone you already know from either within or outside of the company you need to stop giving them a higher pay. Pay needs to be based on your skills, work experience and not who you know. You need to stop always picking the same people to do projects and allow others to shine. Talking down to or treating your team member's like children will not produce the quality work that is needed for this bank. When a new process is rolled out on how to do certain jobs the associates that perform those functions need to have more input on those processes. It seems like things change so much from day to day with Bank of America but no one ever goes to the associates to ask them what they feel like needs to happen to make things easier. The people who work these loans everyday know more about what will work and not work and should be allowed to have some input and not always treated like worker bees.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Has it's ups and downs but overall has been a positive experience"

Current Employee - Senior Business Control Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Business Control Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the work I do in that it fits my skill set well. The benefits are also great and get to work from home.

Cons

Constant change, constant organization changes, pretty consistent reductions in staff. Does not seem to be a job one could ever consider "secure".

Advice to Management

Better communication and teamwork amongst the silos. Too many fire drills and not enough balanced, stable processes.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with my co-workers

Cons

Started not be be about the customers but about how much money we made off of them

Advice to Management

na