Bank of America - In the area I work in, the management is very supportive and I'm really using my skills. Good work/life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"In the area I work in, the management is very supportive and I'm really using my skills. Good work/life balance."

Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great. I feel very supported by management. I also have gotten a lot of recognition and exposure to executives. They have leveraged and developed my skill set. I have decent freedom with my time/location.

Cons

Too many meetings, lots of discussion, sometimes need people to just take ownership rather than push it away. Also need people to make good decisions rather than endlessly discuss everything as a team.

Advice to Management

Teamwork is great, but reward those who take ownership and establish a clear decision. Also, keep up the good work of being supportive and developing your team - it creates loyalty.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"Highly reactive company."

Former Employee - Auditor I in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Auditor I in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job security is probably the best reason.

Cons

The company is highly reactive. They do not proactively seek out issues and upper management is trained to give canned responses. Additionally, the work is very mundane and does not stimulate innovation or creativity. Boredom is a definite issue.

2. "Great company with excellent benefits"

Former Employee - National Production Support in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - National Production Support in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits. I was in a work from home job the last 2 years employed which really cant be beat.

Cons

401k really din't have much in the way of fund selection. I've read that this is pretty much standard for the banking industry. There is just too much money to be made back by offering mediocre funds and hoping you will buy the banks funds which tend to under perform the market and have high fees to boot. They also rely on out sourced labor so be prepared to be jettisoned if they deem you replaceable.

Advice to Management

I still own BAC stock so keep up the out sourcing and continue to drive profits up but be aware that the offshore labor you hire are contractors. The don't work for the bank. They are loyal to the contractor company that prints their paychecks and will immediately jump ship for a higher paying gig at first opportunity.