Bank of America - The McDonald' of Banking | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"The McDonald' of Banking"

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Very good benefits. Good vacation, paid holidays, maternity leave, etc.

Cons

Pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure to sell, sell, sell, sell, sell

Advice to Management

Are you really focused on the customer???

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Very little oppurtunity for advancement."

Current Employee - Cash Services Representative
    Current Employee - Cash Services Representative

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional work environment. Great benefits.

Cons

Very little oppurtunity for advancement. Salaries do not match your experience. No bonus. Complaints about management are not taken seriously, even when they come from multiple people over quite a length of time.

Advice to Management

We need to be compensated better. If we are doing a great job consistently, our paychecks should show it. We should get our bonus back!

2. "Unrealistic Expectations"

Current Employee - ECOE Associate
    Current Employee - ECOE Associate

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay is decent for the area, and vacation benefits are great.

Cons

Expectations are completely unrealistic, and anytime someone speaks up, they are constantly worried about repurcussions. When we have an opportunity to speak to the executives in a round table, we have to have our questions preapproved by our managers. No one really knows how bad it has gotten, and how horrible employees are being treated. There have been so many seasoned employees, with a wealth of knowledge that have left because of the poor working environment. It's sad how a place that use to be employee focused, has become a place where the majority of employees are on anti-depressants or stress medicine as a direct result of the environment we are now in. Our performance is now based mostly off of a survey the customer fills out, however it does not accurately depict the associate's actual performance. Being in an escalation area where we are taking the supervisor calls, where the customer wants fee refunds and hold releases, if we tell them no, because it is the right thing, they are going to score you low on the survey. Those low scores not only effect our incentive, but our performance. It is unfair to judge this department based off the customer's perception when you are dealing with irate customers. These are not the average customer calling, these are customer's who are not happy with the front-line associate and wants to escalate their issue to the next level.

Advice to Management

I would promote coming on surprise visits, without anyone's knowledge (management or associates), so they can get a real fee of everyday life in the company. I know there's security issues, but something similar to Undercover Boss would be great. When the executives come to do site visits, they are not getting the feel of what is going on, and when the round tables are held, no one is allowed to speak freely and the executives are not aware that all of the questions we do ask, had to be approved by our management team ahead of team. Also, sitting with an associate for a day or longer, or actually taking the calls we are receiving in the call center would give them a better idea of the abuse we have to take from customers.