Bank of America - Great benefits and good hours, but very underappriciated and unloyal to long-time wonderfull employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Great benefits and good hours, but very underappriciated and unloyal to long-time wonderfull employees."

Former Employee - Teller in Independence, MO
Former Employee - Teller in Independence, MO

Pros

The benefits were wonderfull and the hours for part time were good. You recieve benefits even if you are only working twenty hours a week, such as help with child care and health insurance. I loved the people I worked with and they do give you desent training so you do not go into your job completly lost. If you are bilingual you will have a much better chance of getting hired too, because we a lot of spanish speaking customers. My son got sick just a few weeks after I had started and had to be in the hospital for about a week and they were very understanding.

Cons

They didnt seem to care if the customer was satisfied with you and got good customer service. They cared more about if you offered to open a credit card for them. I dont remember exactly what they called it, but you had to get poeple to open up saving accounts or credit cards and were required to get at least ten closed deals a month. I was a teller making nine dollars an hour and felt my abilities in speedy friendly sevice and knowledge of my job pailed in any comparison to how many closed deals I got for them. We were basically forced to be sales people and that was all that mattered. Im sure if I was bad at customer service I would have been repremanded for it, but I was definately never rewarded or thanked for great customer service as long as I wasnt getting ten closed deals a month. Keep in mind only worked eight days a month. A lot of employees at my location quit due to this and these were employees who had worked for the company for several years. Some had worked there for ten plus years. We also had four different managers in one year.

Advice to Management

I would have to say to appriciate what your employees do for you. Reward good customer service and not just sales. It may be part of jobs to help people open accounts, but pushing credit cards and other services on repeat customers will only turn them away in my experience. Loyalty to employees who are loved by customers should be considered and not just how much money your teller is making the bank.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "great brand name if you can handle being 1 of 160,000"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Charlotte, NC

Pros

it is a nice brand name on resume, and Charlotte is an affordable place to live

Cons

It is a big place and hard to get something done. Band 2 level executives are busy managing up and looking out for themselves. Development of employees by band 2's is non-existent.

Advice to Management

develop trust with employees by staying close to the business and understanding the implications of your decisions. On several occasions I had a leader push back on my decision and then months later when his direction backfired, he asked me "why did you make that decision"

2. "Why i left B0fA."

Former Employee - Premier Client Manager in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Premier Client Manager in Oakland, CA

Pros

Great benefits, state-of-the-art technology. Good training programs for starters.

Cons

Some incompetent managers/supervisors. Favoritism in some departments. Poor incentive plan!

Advice to Management

Be educated before you even step in you role!