Bank of America - Easy job | Glassdoor

"Easy job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone really feels a connection with one another. There is a really family atmosphere. The job is relatively easy and really just requires human connection and follow through for you to excel.

Cons

Sometimes the work can be repetitive but this is true to any profession. There is always change as well which is neither negative or positive but I can see how this could be stressful to some.

Advice to Management

Pay me more.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"Avoid mortgage servicing"

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest and most effective people I have ever worked with, and some of the most supportive, honest, straightforward, focused and skilled executives I've ever worked for/with. If you can get into the right group, the work can be enjoying and rewarding.

Cons

Avoid mortgage servicing - currently re-org about every 3 months. New management will populate their with prior co-workers from past orgs and ditch or demote current team.
    Otherwise, lots of bureaucracy for overly matrixed and siloed organisation. Sometimes it takes a lot of extra effort just to get the right result. Also some of the worst executives I have ever worked with.

2. "My experience was interesting"

Pros

Good benefits, for the most part.

Cons

In the call center area, manager(s) not aware of their employees responsibilities. It appeared the managers did not have to full understand their employees job responsibilities/duties. The role as a CRM was not treated as a management of portfolios, but handled as a call center environment, thus taking away the "management" part of the job. Metrics were unattainable unless you were favored or found ways around it that were unethical.

Advice to Management

Thoroughly train managers in their function and in most if not ALL cases, have them to have performed and/or have experience in the employee's position in which they are managing. Sincerity. Do whatever it takes to keep the morale "high" or at the very least moderate.