Bank of America - Oh how I miss LaSalle | Glassdoor

"Oh how I miss LaSalle"

Current Employee - Senior Associate-CDO in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Associate-CDO in Chicago, IL

Pros

I worked in 3 different groups at LaSalle over the course of over eight years. I was very happy there. I left for what I thought was a good opportunity (which was not). The compensation was great. They definitely fired people who were not cutting it so the accountability was there. Although BNYM hired many of those who did get let go from LaSalle.

Cons

I do think the compensation for some people who did not prove themselves was definitely inflated. The group I was in specifically was extremely large so recongnition was hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Most of the management from this group left and formed a small startup company. The managmenet is now under B of A so I cannot speak to how that is going now.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Contract Mortgage Closer - $17.00/hr - No benefits as a contractor."

Current Employee - Mortgage Closer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Mortgage Closer in Tampa, FL

Pros

People seem helpful, most seem to have a good work ethic. Management tries to provide small perks to employees for hitting monthly goals.

Cons

Hours can be very long at month end... however that is expected in this postion. The job can also be very stressful and is very fast-paced.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice or feedback to the leadership of Bank of America at this time. As long as I am not laid off I will be happy.

2. "i don't understand"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Clarksville, TN

Pros

it's great company to work for. As BAC is a big bank, people can get more chances even if you are moving out of town, you can find bank of america everywhere.

Cons

It is a big ban. so you can get alot of chances as well as can't get any chances. i can say they have both sides.

Advice to Management

too much focus on selling products. sometimes this makes employee crazy. i mean causes bad relationship with assiciates.