Bank of America - Great company - very dedicated management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Great company - very dedicated management"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many different opportunities, very talented management

Cons

Doesn't have the energy of a start-up

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going -

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Too Impersonal"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large corporation with a solid reputation.

Cons

I did not feel appreciated at all regardless of my efforts there. Management only cared about their bottom-line and I have 3 examples to support what I'm saying. 1) I injured my back moving a box one day. I couldn't walk and was waiting for my friend to come pick me up to go to the doctor. Not once did my manager check on me or even say a word to me before I left, but I overheard him say to someone else, "Why is she still here? Why doesn't she just go home?" Apparently he didn't like the fact that my inury seemed to be a "distraction" to the rest of the staff. 2) My time-sheet wasn't turned in on one occassion (due to management's error, not mine) and I was originally told that I would have to wait until the next pay period. They treated me as if I didn't need my paycheck just because I was single with no kids. I STILL HAD BILLS TO PAY! 3) I was hired as a part-time teller but forced to work overtime weekly. Obviously this was their way of not having to give me full-time benefits but still get the hours out of me. I will never work or bank there again...

Advice to Management

Treat your staff well (at all levels) and you will see the results positively impact your bottom line consistently!

2. "It's a good company to work for."

Current Employee - Loan Closer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Loan Closer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medical, Dental, and Family Leave benefits are outstanding.
    Plenty of paid vacation, sick days, and holiday time.
    If you become long-term ill (3 months or more) you will have a job waiting for you once you are well.
    A place for every level of ambition--if your goals are mainly outside of work, you will have time to pursue them. If you want to dive in and scale the corporate ladder you'll have opportunity to do that also. If you want to do extra work for your site, such as decorating, organizing birthday parties, helping with training, you can do that also.
    Up to 5 hours per week paid to volunteer with United Way, Susan G Komen, or Habitat for Humanity.

Cons

Very large company, so there's lots of corporate hooey through the company intranet.
    Employees who do not meet the standards in their role cannot transfer to a different one.
    The quality of your work experience will often be dependent on your Team Lead.

Advice to Management

Find more ways to extend mentoring opportunities to everyday associates.
    Create more positions for semi-retired associates and college students.