Bank of America - It is a very diverse company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"It is a very diverse company."

Current Employee - CRM II
Current Employee - CRM II

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a very large company with opportunities in fields that would not normally be associated with a bank.

Cons

The workload is sometimes more than average and it is a very metric driven company. The metrics can come off as micro managing.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"It is what you make of it..."

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and plenty of opportunity to move around the company. The best way to make more money is to move around (which is encouraged).

Cons

Seemingly constant organization changes can be demoralizing as coworkers are let go (especially very strong performers). It can also be frustrating to have to deal with multiple managers and/or jobs (up to 4 in one year for me). You really need to maintain a positive attitude and adapt to change quickly. Benefits have tumbled the last few years.

Advice to Management

Be clear about the purpose for organization changes and ensure it's not being done to boost a new executive ego. Model the behavior you'd like to be seen from those you manage and if you are a "manager of managers" make sure you conduct a skip level conversation with your 2-down at least twice a year. Stay competitive on benefits and support the MyWork (work from home) program.

2. "Moved up withing banking center, but really hard to break into corporate from banking center role."

Current Employee - Banking Center Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Banking Center Assistant Manager

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Values and Culture of bank, Diversity of employees and acceptance and encouragement of diversity, support of work life balance

Cons

Salary isn't competitive even though we are a large bank. Implementation of changes and improvements takes a long time. Training and career development is poor.

Advice to Management

Come out and meet the "face" of your bank, the people working in the banking centers and interacting with your customers on a daily basis. We have the most contact and insight to what our customers think and want. Spend time and effort developing your current work force.