Bank of America - Great company to work with! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Great company to work with!"

Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist in Boise, ID
Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist in Boise, ID

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out as a Teller and I was able to move up to a Sales & Service Specialist. I loved the people that I worked with and the customers. The company offers great benefits and products. The company is also great about promoting internally. As an Army wife, it is a good company since it is easy to transfer to other states.

Cons

There were times when I felt like I was being pushed to sale products that were not a good fit for our customers. There is some downsizing in the company. A huge con for me was having to step down and go back to part-time since my position was filled where I moved. That may not always be the case, but it was a huge con for me.

Advice to Management

Look at where the branch is located and set goals based on that. A customer may not want to drive 30 miles to deposit/ withdraw money. Also, really look at what is being referred, some numbers are made up to by tellers to make themselves look good. That not only is dishonest, but makes the other tellers that are doing their job look bad.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Started off great then went down hill fast"

Current Employee - Customer Reationship Manager I in Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Reationship Manager I in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are pretty good, days or nights. Get differential for nights, which is nice.

Cons

Atmosphere is very tense, moved to a micromanaged company. Immediate management needs refresher training. Doesn't live up to what it used to be.

Advice to Management

Start using Positive reinforcement with employees, build morale, Show your employees they are appreciated. Don't celebrate prior to giving bad news. Teach by example.

2. "Drinking the cool aid, you love it and hate it"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits package and other perks

Cons

Huge corporation, feeling like a number, drinking the cool aid

Advice to Management

To give people more freedom to be creative and entrepreneurial. Additoinally, if you want people to work hard and give you their best, you should make them feel as if they are heard and have a say in important decisions. Too often at Merril and I am sure the other bulge bracket firms, the non management mentally checks out and wipes themself of responsibility when it comes to many important business decisions that need to be made and could use the fresh minds, but do not because it is a given that management is making all decisions and dont take or want anyone elses opinion,.