Bank of America - Great job for entry level graduates | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Great job for entry level graduates"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great schedule, pays well, did i say great benefits?,

Cons

low wages for junior employees

Advice to Management

better salaries for junior employees

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Great benefits and sense of community"

Current Employee - Teller in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Teller in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits even for part time employees: $5250 in tuition reimbursement per year, healthcare, daycare reimbursement, volunteer pay, vacation and sick pay. Have had a great experience with the mgmt as well!

Cons

Few teller incentives to sell, but they expect you to make dozens of referrals which the personal bankers get bonuses for... Makes no sense!

Advice to Management

How can you expect tellers to be motivated to make great referrals when there is no incentive?

2. "Extremely micromanaged at every hour of the day, decent pay and benefits though"

Former Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay compared to the other big banks, but still not exceptional. Great benefits that are available to part time tellers as well. Opportunity for advancement if you want to work at it. I was promoted to Sales and Service Specialist within 6 months of becoming a teller.

Cons

Constant micromanagement and sales pressure. Ever-changing procedures and policies. You are expected to hit your referral and DDA (checking account) goals no matter how busy the bank is. My locations that I worked at were fairly slow so without the traffic at times it was very difficult to hit sales goals. When you didn't hit them it was a constant lecture day by day, hour by hour on what could be done differently to hit the goals. Every single conversation with a customer is scrutinized, making you feel like a robot; eventually why I couldn't put up with it any more.

Advice to Management

Start aligning different departments to work more cohesively with the retail banking side of the business. Understand that people more and more these days appreciate an honest interaction and not a sales pitch every time they go to a bank or store or any public retail organization for that matter. So many of my customers were sick and tired of feeling pressured to get into the latest account or credit card that some eventually went to smaller, more personal banks.