Bank of America - Overall you most likely will be taken care of | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Overall you most likely will be taken care of"

Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Income was good and steady.
Overall, I felt like I was taken care of.
Met some great people.
Bankers hours.

Cons

Big company and hard to make movements upward.
Can get stuck, because the good olé boy / girl system can be in play.

Advice to Management

Upward movement is much needed.
Don't micro manage everybody. There are those that need it and others that don't.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Great benefits for a starter job"

Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist I in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist I in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My immediate management team is great, very flexible with scheduling and understanding when it comes to issues with kids (i.e. sick, school events, sports, etc.)

Cons

Slow for advancement. Some talent is under utilized. While others are overworked.

Advice to Management

Some of us need more GROWTH.

2. "Overall, not at all a good company to work."

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Strategy Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good as are the benefits. Also, working in Charlotte allows for low cost-of-living and opportunities in other parts of the business since it is the headquarters.

Cons

Reactive profits-first-people-second management philosophy. Slow moving, red-tape laiden and just plain lacking in fun.

Advice to Management

Stop paying people good money to do boring work. Stop being reactive to problems and think ahead. Examples:

1) Don't lay people off one day only to hire them back to another division a week later. This happens very often. HR seems to have no foresight or influence over how people are treated when the bank needs to achieve earnings targets.

2) Paying people good money to just generate fancy reports and PowerPoints each week/month. This can really drive an intelligent, motivated person crazy. Challenge your employees and encourage/promote rotational type work! This may be the worst part of working at the bank if you're a highly educated person with motivation to drive the business beyond canned reporting. You may get stuck doing stuff a freshly minted undergrad can do.

3) Stop working your people too hard. While not required, the late nights connecting to the office are almost a necessity if associates are to meet their deliverables. Work life balance is important. Have your manager truly care about how much work bleeds into their personal time.

4) Stop spending billions to buy companies like Country Wide and telling everyone it's the best purchase ever only to spend many multiples of billions more on legal payouts. Admittedly, this has been addressed with all the recent divestitures of non-core businesses. But the scars are still there (on the stock price).