Bank of America - Overall a good starting job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Overall a good starting job."

Former Employee - Teller in Rockwall, TX
Former Employee - Teller in Rockwall, TX

I worked at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as a teller and I thought as a young adult you received sufficient pay, good health benefits and at the time it was a great 401k program. I don't know what it is now. But the managers were great and knew what they were doing and overall I enjoyed the atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes your schedule wasn't all that great with working Saturdays and sometimes you wouldn't get all of your hours you hired for and other times when we were short staffed you would be working a crazy surplus of hours. So it wasn't always steady. Also, I didn't like the referral quotas. I hated being a sales person and having to meet referral goals.

Advice to Management

At least give people the number of hours they were hired for and ask them if they would like more hours that week so the people who want more hours get them, and not just loading it all on a few people..

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Bank of America has high expectations of it's employees but treats them with loyalty and respect."

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great. On the cooperate side they keep things positive and fun for the employees. We have 2:30 jams where everyone gets up, dances and mingles around for 5-10 minutes a day. We also have potlucks, celebrate birthdays, decorate desks for the holiday, support the troops and other causes, and more.

Cons

Constant changes in the economy means that the different internal departments are constantly changing, growing, and shrinking.

2. "Cuthroat job. Typical Corporate America."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a top performer you will be recognized. They like to reward their best employees. They try to listen to their employees.

Cons

If you don't make referrals or sales goals, fail an audit, make any mistake you will be cut. After all, you are just a number and can be replaced.

Advice to Management

Stop changing strategies so often. It's difficult to keep up with what focus is. Fix the mortgage department.