Bank of America - Overall a good starting job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Overall a good starting job."

Former Employee - Teller in Rockwall, TX
Former Employee - Teller in Rockwall, TX

I worked at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as a teller and I thought as a young adult you received sufficient pay, good health benefits and at the time it was a great 401k program. I don't know what it is now. But the managers were great and knew what they were doing and overall I enjoyed the atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes your schedule wasn't all that great with working Saturdays and sometimes you wouldn't get all of your hours you hired for and other times when we were short staffed you would be working a crazy surplus of hours. So it wasn't always steady. Also, I didn't like the referral quotas. I hated being a sales person and having to meet referral goals.

Advice to Management

At least give people the number of hours they were hired for and ask them if they would like more hours that week so the people who want more hours get them, and not just loading it all on a few people..

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Cuthroat job. Typical Corporate America."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a top performer you will be recognized. They like to reward their best employees. They try to listen to their employees.

Cons

If you don't make referrals or sales goals, fail an audit, make any mistake you will be cut. After all, you are just a number and can be replaced.

Advice to Management

Stop changing strategies so often. It's difficult to keep up with what focus is. Fix the mortgage department.

2. "Employees over 45 beware"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan in Peoria, AZ
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan in Peoria, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bldg has AC & Restrooms

Cons

Front line supervision practice daily belittlement, and out-and-out mean treatment to older employees they want to move out. If you are over 45 be prepared to move on. They don't want you to say anything except yes sir. I didn't think age discrimination would be practiced in this day and age with such a large public corporation. It is alive and well at B of A and totally ignored by their middle and senior management.

Advice to Management

Stop this practice.