Bank of America - Great place to work depending on department | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Great place to work depending on department"

Former Employee - Call Center Team Manager in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Call Center Team Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lucky to have an awesome manager and co-workers who felt like family. Several opportunities for career growth if willing to learn new skills and work hard. Held three different positions where leadership differed based on LOB.

Cons

Low starting salary, low incentive
Senior leadership is disconnected from frontline

Advice to Management

Work to increase employee engagement

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Declining employee benefits and compensation"

Current Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stability and results oriented company. Working from home and flexible working hours in certain job functions is a great benefit.

Cons

Subjective management influence, diminishing associate compensation and benefits

Advice to Management

Salary adjustment to keep current employees current with industry salary ranges is significantly off...creates the need to leave BAC in order to self adjust to market job salaries, then apply to come back to BAC at an updated salary amount. Causes unnecessary disruption of work from important SME's.

2. "Enlightening as to what banking is all about...."

Former Employee - Teller in Martinsville, VA
    Former Employee - Teller in Martinsville, VA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The FT benefits are great, many to choose from.

Cons

Unethical practices to say the least

Advice to Management

Its not always about getting the sale, you must do the right thing by the customer even if that means losing a credit card account. While in a transaction with a customer and their account is on screen you will often get a pop-up screen telling the customer they have just been approved for a credit card. The credit limit and iterest rate is shown and there is a question box that allows the teller to either accept or decline the offer. I was told to ALWAYS click accept and give the customer the BOA credit card info packet. I was told to NEVER ASK the customer If they want the offer, just hit accept and give it to them. (If they cause a problem I am to show them the customer service # they can call to cancel it) This was how my branch was run by my Branch Manager. This is how we ALL get our bonuses..... yes I got paid extra $50 for each credit card I pushed on a customer. I disputed this with the Manager and he said this is how we get our bonuses and its how he wants it done. Period. I resigned shortly after that to avoid being fired since I was black balled at that point...