Bank of America - Strong outlook | Glassdoor

"Strong outlook"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, benefits and salary

Cons

Depending on position may require more travel than advertised.

Advice to Management

Stay the Course

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"THIS IS THE REVIEW YOU SHOULD READ!"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist (SSS) in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist (SSS) in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the team members are great! The 'bank hours' and paid holidays are an obvious plus!

Cons

Not sure where to begin! If you are seeking to be another corporate america drone..apply here! There seems to be some innacurate facade about the idea that you can be in this environment and not be some number chasing, metric hungry, 'trample down anyone in your path of righteousness' monster in order to meet company goals!! I have sat through countless COUNTLESS monday morning meetings concerning the 'metrics' and how they anticipate you should meet them; while the manager boasts all your efforts to upper-management while taking credit for them. I had a few good managers, but that was because they were just generally good people. They struggled with becoming burnt out as well as me because the only thing getting us through the day was the coffee in our veins! CONSTANTLY dealing with customers that HATE this company because of the 'policies and procedures' that we are uninterested in yielding on, even if it is an emergency situation that would truly benefit the customer. My breaking point happened somewhere in between being negatively coached for not selling a mourning customer, over the loss of her husband, a credit card and being YELLED at IN FRONT OF A CUSTOMER one late afternoon over a formality (and then being told that I was in fact the unprofessional one, although I sat quietly through her rampage...in front of my customer). I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE! I have put in my two weeks and will soon be a manager at a company that knows how to recognize strengths and talents!
    DO NOT----DO NOT accept a position as a sales and service specialist (sss) I stupidly did not head the warning of earlier reviews that were posted about this position about a year and half ago!!! PLEASE research any position you consider.... Trust me.

Advice to Management

EVALUATE YOUR CENTER LEADERS!!!!! you are losing real talent by refusing to hold the leaders accountable! They don't want to help achieve goals for some tyrannical idiot wearing the 'manager' hat. When one leader leaves a very successful center, and within two weeks of the new leader being there, the scores and metrics TANK....take a f***ing hint! It's called TEAMWORK!!!!!! trust in the teams that are there in the centers...the ones your paying MINIMAL amounts to do more than the leaders are ever willing to do! WAKE UP!!

2. "enjoyed working for the company"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Specialist in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Specialist in Plano, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

no information to give at the this time

Cons

more money for all employees

Advice to Management

communicate honestly with employees