Bank of America - No opportunity in my location | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"No opportunity in my location"

Current Employee - Operations Representative in College Park, GA
Current Employee - Operations Representative in College Park, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and a global company.

Cons

I work in operations in College Park, GA. This has got to be the worst place I have ever worked. Management is incompetent, unprofessional, and they are bullies. They treat their long-term permanent employees horribly because they can fire us and bring in temporary employees and pay them pennies. There is no room to grow in Lockbox and it is almost impossible to get out.

Advice to Management

Start treating your permanent employees with respect. Stop bringing in temps for pennies. You get what you pay for. They are unprofessional and bring the company down. Bring in better leadership. Allow more flexibility in scheduling. It is not fair to make employees work weekends for years and bring in temps on a Mon-Fri schedule.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Company has good ideas but politics and change make it hard to feel confident in your role."

Current Employee - Operations Project Manager in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity for knowledge growth in the ways of development courses.

Cons

Too many re-orgs, too much change. Associates often feel insecure in their roles with all of the changes.

2. "Big banks, small group"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big corporation, but small group feel. Operates like a small company within a large corporation.

Cons

Not a lot of mobility, politics over merits. Promises are made when giving offers but never fulfilled. Lots of turnovers within short time. Management say it's common, but it's not.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what the junior people are actually doing and provide training. Perhaps it is cheaper to train someone than to hire seasonal.