Bank of America - Great Place to work for, great co workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Great Place to work for, great co workers"

Current Employee - Hss II in Beachwood, OH
Current Employee - Hss II in Beachwood, OH

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexibility and pay, benefits are good.

Cons

not what you know but who you know.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"A fulfilling and progressive work environment one day and a paranoia filled sweatshop another"

Former Employee - Process Design Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Process Design Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great technology for remote workers (VPN routers for seamless remote access at home, ip phone, teleconferencing)
    -Great fringe benefits (3 months PAID paternity leave, reimbursed for buying a hybrid car, 1.5 points off mortgage pricing)
    -Very good opportunity for advancement internally
    -Decent health benefits
    -20 days of vacation + 10 sick days
    -Many many different opportunities
    -Largely run as a meritocracy

Cons

-Frequent layoffs have you almost always in fear of losing your job (the criteria is not always clear for layoffs, sometimes it's based on seniority, sometimes it's based on merit, sometimes it just seems random)
    -Uneven leadership (I had amazing leaders that were supportive and willing to help you excel and I had managers that largely ignored me. In my final role I literally went 6 weeks with no contact at all with my manager)
    -Senior leadership has an overly high opinion of its self and refuses to admit mistakes it has made even as they blow up around them (countrywide acquisition). Other members of senior leadership are so disconnected from the day to day operations in the production environment they cannot make effective decisions due to a lack of understanding of the line of business they manage. (Credit card executive Chip Rossi was in control of mortgage fulfillment and during a meeting needed to have simple mortgage execution terms explained to him)
    -Due to reductions in staff, remaining employees are required to carry project loads far beyond what is reasonable

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. The associate engagement surveys tell you the same things every year, associates are not happy because of the muddled process, excessive over site by individuals who do not understand what they are overseeing and the constant fear of layoffs.

2. "Enjoyed working at BoA very much."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My experience at BoA was good in some departments and excellent in others. My best experience was in the Consumer Banking Strategies Area.

Cons

Pay raises were not very generous in some department.