Bank of America - Exciting | Glassdoor

"Exciting"

Former Employee - Collections Card II Services in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Collections Card II Services in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Schedule is very flexable

Cons

Not enough one on one training.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Good pay, great benefits...and that's all it had going for it."

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II; Assistant Vice President in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay (negotiated through multiple transfers and promotions), excellent benefits, 4 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, good relationship with my manager.

Cons

The positivity of the CEO and national leadership team was turned to whip cracking and "never good enough" talks from Area level management on a regular basis. We asked the most of our least paid employees and the least from those who stood to earn from it. I felt like a minion rather than a person.

Advice to Management

If you want your bank managers to act like business owners as you state, then let us make business decisions that make sense for our banking center's. Let us run our banks without having to check with HR before blinking the wrong direction. Hire people that can make decisions.

2. "Mega opportunities if you work hard and prove yourself."

Pros

Great health benefits and employee perks. Learned a lot about banking and how to treat customers during a 30 year career and had many different roles while working for the bank. Made a number of good long time friends from my many years with the bank.

Cons

Aggressive sales goals depending on what line of business of the bank you work for. Bank had been laying off a number of associates to keep expenses down due to some questionable business decisions such as the Merrill Lynch and Countrywide Mortgage purchases which has contributed to the layoffs. The bank is on the cutting edge of products but needs to back it up with superior service to customers. I am tired of hearing they are the most hated bank in America!

Advice to Management

Yes.... it is personal to associates that get laid off even though "it's only a business decision". Associates lives are turned upside down in a an economy that is unstable and there seems to be no forethought how that can affect people.