Bank of America - Love my team and my company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Love my team and my company!"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator
Current Employee - Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, pride in ownership, helps others, you get out what you put in.

Cons

It's just like owning your own business and that scares many people.

Advice to Management

Change some of the requirements to be able to focus on quality new agent development rather than numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "BOA Execs (esp. East Division Executive leadership) is out of touch and unrealistic."

Current Employee - Vice President/Branch Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President/Branch Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation and decent benefits

Cons

1. Retail banking line of business (the most profitable segment at BOA) is overworked and under-appreciated, especially Middle Managers (Market Managers and Branch Managers). 2. There is absolutely No work/life balance in Retail Banking. EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP IS OUT OF TOUCH (in particular, the Division Executives and above; Area Execs treat Their team the way they are treated, I suppose?)
    3. Training is sub-par in comparison to other Financial Institutions.
    4. Lots of favoritism by Area Executives and higher
    5. Too many Chiefs (Area - level roles have no real impact or value and some of these so called support roles are not accountable for real results? Area Ops Manager, Area Sales Manager, etc)

Advice to Management

STOP putting unreasonable demands on market and branch managers. There are only so many hours in the day(and people deserve to have a Life). Stop turning over great talent.Turnover is hurting the company. Stop fooling yourselves by thinking that most of those that leave "weren't bought in anyway"; the truth is that BOA has lost Top Talent (these folks have left on their own and some Retail Executive's are in denial as to the 'Why'). The Why may have to do with Retail Execs holding Retail mid-level Managers hostage; not allowing them to seek opportunities in other DEPARTMENTS for self-serving reasons (I.e., lack of talent bench due to ineffective recruiting and poor training, poor treatment of experienced employees, burn-out of experienced employees, et. al).
    STOP leading by Fear. Spend equal time Coaching AND Inspecting (I.e., imagine if all these years BBC was giving true coaching and feedback. ... What Operational experts you'd have today! Stop allowing Project Team's who haven't worked in the field (branches) to determine key processes. Stop making changes to current processes before they have a good chance to work. I'll stop here.....I hope someone in Executive Leadership sees this.

2. "Vice President, Consultant - Systems Engineering"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, get to work from home, banking systems are interesting.

Cons

not enough training, very little opportunity for advancement, no office functions or parties, performance reviews don't mean anything, too much bureaucracy, process, and meetings.

Advice to Management

invest more in workers, including training and morale boosters (outings, holiday parties, etc). Make performance reviews more relevant, and provide clear paths for career growth and promotion.