Bank of America - Excelled in sales, and did the job of multiple people! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Excelled in sales, and did the job of multiple people!"

Current Employee - Teller in Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Teller in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy to learn, great family-feeling with coworkers within the branch. Management is helpful with coaching and constructive criticism, as well as being able to come over when you need help. Love my Consumer Market Manager, and really have a great relationship with all of those who I work with.

Cons

Branch I work at is severely understaffed, often leaving one teller to operate both the drive up and lobby during peak lunchtime hours. Also, sales goals change all the time, with the drive for more and more revenue. Also, being non-fluent in Spanish was a hard thing for me. My branch was the hub for all of the spanish population in my town, and many did not understand or speak any english.

Advice to Management

Please give credit where it is deserved, and staff branches appropriately. Working the job of three during a work day and not compensating for the rate of three is not ideal.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "I want to work for Bank of America AGAIN!"

Former Employee - Escrow Assistant, Foreclosure/REO Assistant in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Escrow Assistant, Foreclosure/REO Assistant in Richardson, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the fact that there are procedures that everyone has to follow.

Cons

I do not want to work as a Contractor, I want to work as a permanent full-time employee.

Advice to Management

Please hire me as I am a team player and a hard worker.

2. "Good company overall, but the huge size after all those takeovers- has impacted the quality of leadership & decisionmak"

Former Employee - Vice President, National Group Banking Client Manager
    Former Employee - Vice President, National Group Banking Client Manager

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Covers all aspects of financial industry and thus offers variety of banking fields to work for. Pays commiserate with industry standards.

Cons

Too many leadership changes & because of its huge size, newer leadership doesn't always knows its associates & their strengths, thus tends to make wrongful decisions regarding its associates, which is detrimental to the company.
    Laying off too many quality associates.

Advice to Management

Lay offs should not be based on newer leadership's wrongful decisions, who do not understand the business as are new to the type of business themselves. In fact should be held liable for the their decision making which led to revenue losses for the divisions. Lay offs need to be for such leadership and not the associates working under them as company is shelling off its quality, loyal associates in order to justify its financial loss by eliminating the subordinates. Leadership bilateral moves are not beneficial in the name of change.