Bank of America - Growth, flexibility, and great management are just the beginning at Bank of America. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Growth, flexibility, and great management are just the beginning at Bank of America."

Current Employee - Teller in Kirkland, WA
Current Employee - Teller in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sheer size of the help and tools BofA dumps on its employees is amazing! The company wants to see every associate get better in their field and find the exact position to fulfill their needs. I feel connected to all associates, even if I haven't met them - that's how connected you feel at BofA.

Cons

The biggest downfall I see working for BofA is their reputation: most people think it's a big bad company out to get everyone with fees and hidden charges. The truth is, BofA is working relentlessly on building up its reputation. And I say we are doing a great job so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work management!

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "I would now like to teach English to insurgents in Iraq."

Current Employee - Underwriter in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits. Sometimes you can purchase extra vacation time. Sometimes there are bonuses.

Cons

They're constantly trying to get rid of people to avoid layoffs or firing them. People get fired for using sick time, if there are too many "occurrences". They micromanage everything, and I mean everything. Management has no skills for the people they manage, yet you have to do what they say or you're insubordinate, then when you get a defect it's your fault because you put your name on it. If other people don't know how to do their job they just make someone else do it, including management. Sometimes there is at least 8 hours a week of mandatory OT, the opposite of that is laying off an the constant fear of being laid off. A lot of people take a leave of absence because of the stress. It beats unemployment if you have anything to say about it. Otherwise, be prepared to part with your soul and any inkling that you may be doing something with your life or for anyone else.

Advice to Management

Please learn how to function.

2. "Mortgage Resolution Specialist at BoA: manual clerical work"

Former Employee - Mortgage Resolution Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Mortgage Resolution Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is not difficult, and you are generally not micromanaged.

Cons

You'll likely start out as a contract employee with a chance to move to permanent if the workload remains high.

The job itself was/is a glorified admin. position. There's nothing wrong with that if that is what you're qualified for. However, many of the MRTs had JDs, and some were licensed attorneys. The skill level of the work was pretty low despite the description of the job. If you have any legal training, do not be fooled by the dob description. There did not seem to be much room for advancement, and the job is very monotonous.

BoA is such a large company that paper pushing is the norm, and the vast majority of the employees at my jobsite were less than ideal. The individual portfolios managed by each MRT were scores long which ensured that no attention was paid to doing the work correctly so much as doing a lot of it.