Bank of America - Typical "Sales" Teller Position | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Typical "Sales" Teller Position"

Former Employee - Teller in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Teller in Boston, MA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free accounts. (Our branch had) a diverse, multicultural environment & supportive, enjoyable coworkers. Promotes from within.. many opportunities. Educational opportunities. Paid "volunteer" day. It was a good job to work around my college schedule as well.

Cons

Constant sales pressure with goals that were excessive. Constantly having to deal with customer frustration of BOA policies, illegal mortgage issues, excessive fees, sales pitches, etc, etc. Minimal appreciation for those on staff (such as myself) with extensive experience. In my previous experience with other banks, I was responsible for management, overrides, checks, & approvals up to $500,000. With BOA...we all were reduced to $1000..Sigh. A constant need for overrides seriously impacts quality CS & breeds employee dissatisfaction. Your lack of faith in those of us who excelled & tried to push this company forward in a positive way was a big part of why I left.

Advice to Management

Please refer to the cons section

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"No longer a good place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Base pay can be good, if you're willing to put up with the stress, threats and backstabbing.

Cons

BOA was a great place to work when I first started and through until 2008. Since then everything that made it great (benefits, bonus potentials, work/life balance, teamwork, integrity, dignity) has been stripped bare and all that's left is desperation. Goals, performance reviews and bonus levels are changed mid-stream making them difficult to meet. Your experience at BOA is only as good as your manager, and there aren't many good ones left. Too many managers at BOA who are only out for themselves and will bury you to get ahead, if that's what it takes. It makes me sad to see what BOA has become.

Advice to Management

I won't waste my breath. The lip service they give to caring about employees is only that, and nothing I say here will bring back the BOA that I loved working for.

2. "Vice President"

Pros

Good family oriented environment. In IT, things get a little hectic, but when it really counts I've been able get proper time off.

Enterprise level data handling and experience with some cutting edge approaches as well as legacy tie ins.

Cons

It can be slow to adopt change and like with any large corporation with many deep levels politics can come into play.

Sometimes groups operate as independent units and 'companies' within the bank.

Advice to Management

Find ways to unite the smaller groups internally, so that employees identify with the bank first, then within their subset or group.