Bank of America - If you like constant change and sales this is the company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"If you like constant change and sales this is the company to work for."

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, career advancement opportunities.

Cons

constant changes, can get stressful if you don't meet goals.

Advice to Management

be more empathetic with your associates, some of our supervisors care more about numbers more than they care for their associates.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"A good place to work if you have a good manager"

Current Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a very big financial company. The pay is good, compare to some small companies.

Cons

I have worked for multiple managers. Some managers are very nice and really take care of their associates. But I had a very unhappy experience when I worked for one manager, who do not know how to manage people. My manager is always at least ten minutes late for our one on one meeting. During our meetings, my manager always picks up or calls out for other phones, checks and writes other emails, never focus on our conversations. Besides, many times I got a new assignment, which is not in my business as usual job responsibility. But the instruction was just one or two sentences in email, and need it ASAP or by the end of day! Those assignments actually are big assignments or a project, which at least need one week to finish from end to end. So my dissatisfaction is that I was overworked and my manager does not know how to communicate and manage well.

Advice to Management

Recommend senior leadership sometimes talk to associates who are 2 levels below them, to make sure the associates direct manager is treating them well and manages well.

2. "Not what I expected."

Former Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like minded colleagues who are passionate about their work, for the most part. However, some got away with everything- arriving late, leaving early, lengthy lunches and little work performed. Metrics were not really tracked for some time.

Cons

Felt like my ideas meant nothing to management. Some ideas were stolen by managers, who claimed credit for them- even in my presence. Felt like I had to watch my back at all times. Job changes and revisions to job descriptions are not uncommon.

Advice to Management

Work on creating an environment of trust rather than fear. Benefits were decent, but room for improvement considering size of the company. Create opportunities when you create massive job cuts and don't announce cuts on holidays or events. (Valentine's Day? Heartless.)