Bank of America - Review for Equity Research subsidiary of Bank of America | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Review for Equity Research subsidiary of Bank of America"

Former Employee - Equity Research Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Equity Research Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I made a career switch into the capital markets subsidiary from management consulting. The equity research division for which I worked was a small team, and the peer on-boarding was fantastic. Total compensation and benefits package was also good for a career switcher.

Cons

Management was tough at times and due to the nature of the long work schedule, communications were not always clear. Overall, it was a great professional learning experience and provided a representative environment for a job in the capital markets.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Awesome Benefits"

Former Employee - Teller in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Teller in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offered really good benefits.

Cons

A lot of favoritism, people were getting promoted off of popularity not merit.

Advice to Management

Red flags should be alerted when a teller becomes a manager in less than 2 years. You have steps and you have a time frame where you have to wait before you move on to the next. This rule was set for everyone yet some were the "exception"

2. "Reduced income every year since they bought out Countrywide until they closed our site completely."

Former Employee - Hss II
    Former Employee - Hss II

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great, talented people who know their stuff!! Some of the greatest mortgage professionals I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with. Now some of my best friends!

Cons

Executive management only concerned about their bonus; not the employees, customers or vendors. Micro-managing to mediocrity is the SOP for Brian Moynihan.

Advice to Management

Your people are who really make the company run; sit back and let them go through their paces.