Bank of America - Good company with many opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Good company with many opportunities"

Pros

Dynamic work environment, many career growth opportunities, great people

Cons

Tough to elevate about initial title and job grade

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Work / Life Balance is great, if you can deal with constant change"

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides an outstanding work / life balance environment, which I am aware also depends on your manager and area of focus. Comprehensive benefits are available and a wealth of training opportunities. Great core values and alignment with strategy.

Cons

Change is constant, almost to the point that important knowledge and work is lost during the shuffle. Ever changing priorities makes it tough to measure performance, in the traditional sense of documenting a goal and providing an explanation of related accomplishments. In defense, this is the nature of a highly regulated industry.

2. "No Loyality"

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They treat you right while you are working but they decide to lay you off it's another story.

Cons

They let go of the individuals that knew how to do the work. As I was on my way out I had people ask me to tell them how to perform certain tasks before you go. They do not let you remove your personal items stating they will be sent to you. What they don't tell you is that the employees remaining will go through your former desk and get whatever they want. Management turns a blind eye to this. Items that you purchased yourself to perform your job that the company does not provide will not be returned. They will eventually send you a box of items but it is basically trash that no one else wants. Pictures of your children. The frame may be gone or glass frame broken. No packing of items. Basically everything that is left is thrown in a box. Do not keep or take anything to work that you want to keep. Do not keep anything at your desk that you do not want everyone to see. That includes items in locked drawers. Flowers or potted plants they are thrown in a box and are dead when the box arrives of your so called personal items.

Advice to Management

I realize the reason that you do not want employees to pack their personal items is the concern that someone will take BOFA property. However, by the same though you have a duty and obligation to see that former employees get all of their personal items in the same condition as they were in when they were escorted out the door.