Bank of America - No Loyality | Glassdoor

"No Loyality"

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They treat you right while you are working but they decide to lay you off it's another story.

Cons

They let go of the individuals that knew how to do the work. As I was on my way out I had people ask me to tell them how to perform certain tasks before you go. They do not let you remove your personal items stating they will be sent to you. What they don't tell you is that the employees remaining will go through your former desk and get whatever they want. Management turns a blind eye to this. Items that you purchased yourself to perform your job that the company does not provide will not be returned. They will eventually send you a box of items but it is basically trash that no one else wants. Pictures of your children. The frame may be gone or glass frame broken. No packing of items. Basically everything that is left is thrown in a box. Do not keep or take anything to work that you want to keep. Do not keep anything at your desk that you do not want everyone to see. That includes items in locked drawers. Flowers or potted plants they are thrown in a box and are dead when the box arrives of your so called personal items.

Advice to Management

I realize the reason that you do not want employees to pack their personal items is the concern that someone will take BOFA property. However, by the same though you have a duty and obligation to see that former employees get all of their personal items in the same condition as they were in when they were escorted out the door.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"Review for Equity Research subsidiary of Bank of America"

Former Employee - Equity Research Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Equity Research Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I made a career switch into the capital markets subsidiary from management consulting. The equity research division for which I worked was a small team, and the peer on-boarding was fantastic. Total compensation and benefits package was also good for a career switcher.

Cons

Management was tough at times and due to the nature of the long work schedule, communications were not always clear. Overall, it was a great professional learning experience and provided a representative environment for a job in the capital markets.

2. "Awesome Benefits"

Former Employee - Teller in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Teller in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offered really good benefits.

Cons

A lot of favoritism, people were getting promoted off of popularity not merit.

Advice to Management

Red flags should be alerted when a teller becomes a manager in less than 2 years. You have steps and you have a time frame where you have to wait before you move on to the next. This rule was set for everyone yet some were the "exception"