Bank of America - Good Place to work in certain Departments | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Good Place to work in certain Departments"

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to move up in the company, depending on where you start. In my case I started in a department as a customer service rep making under $24,000.00 (I was in the process of a relocation and needed to take something fast) , then got promoted to escalations as a Sr. customer service rep at $27,000, ending at $33,000 in the course of a 3 year period.(Increases based on performance such as quality, customer satisfaction, and additional responsibilities such as on the job training coaching.) My last promotion was for escalations in more of a back office environment where cases are worked independently, but customer contact is minimal while case is under review. Currently making over $40,000. I have been with the Company for less than 5 years.

Benefits are great. Option to purchase an extra weeks vacation. 5% 401k company match, affordable insurance, child care reimbursement, Free employee accounts with competitive interest rate advantage, Employee discount program, reduced rates on mortgage/car loans. Life insurance equivalent to your salary which you do not have to pay for...

Cons

If you work in customer service you will have your good days and bad days with the customer personalities. If you work in Escalations the stress levels are high as all customer's that get to your level are disgruntled. Unless you want to get into management there is limited movement up depending on what site you work for and the departments available at that site.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "A good place to work"

Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I gained a lot of knowledge and new skills. There is a lot of room for opportunity; however, you are so busy there is no time to take advantage of it.

Cons

I worked hard and was seldom absent; however, a co-worker never came in the same time everyday, was out a lot, took care of personal business more than work and was always behind. I was caught up and did my job; however, I was laid off and she got to keep her job because she rubbed elbows with the right people.

Advice to Management

Ask for input from the manager that works with the individual and not just do a blank lay off.

2. "Great Benefits"

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good career advancement options, sense of ownership across the company.

Cons

Staff reduction across the country in all departments. Lack of jobs stability.