Bank of America - Bank of America promotes growth, while providing challenges | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Bank of America promotes growth, while providing challenges"

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II
Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Bank of America does a lot of promotion from within and there are many lines of business for individuals to pursue. If one works hard and builds the right relationships, opportunities will present themselves. The benefit structure is also ideal with tuition reimbursement, child care assistance, flexible vacation time, health insurance, etc.

Cons

Bank of America does not prepare associates well for the next role. From a training perspective, all that's provided is a few virtual calls and desktop training. Otherwise, the new employee has to learn on the job. Also, salaries are not very competitive. As a manager, you are expected to work extremely hard with minimal recognition for going above and beyond. It is also challenging as the bank does not support retail banking centers with optimal staffing which can make it difficult to provide ideal service, sales, and operational results. Moreover, expectations are high with little assistance.

Advice to Management

The banking center has to be the focal point of the company if Bank of America desires to be #1 in customer service across all financial institutions. The clients are the most important part of our business and the associates have to be provided the appropriate assistance to handle the business. Also, Bank of America must do a better job of training its new to role employees. Each new teammate should have a peer mentor that he or she can shadow to make him proficient. In so doing, the experience associate can use this as an opportunity for development towards leadership roles. Moreover, the compensation structure should be more favorable and associates should be more highly appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Solid Waste rolls readily downhill at this company."

Current Employee - Senior Teller
    Current Employee - Senior Teller

I have been working at Bank of America part-time

Pros

The company has great benefits and a real commitment at the corporate level to diversity and inclusion.

Cons

Much of the benefit of working here is lost at the retail level due to horrible management. Both the general lack of ability of most retail managers combined with some of the worst policies, effectively allows working conditions to develop that are a real shame. In addition, retail branch staff are treated as red-headed step children. You might have been a CEO in the past - but if you take a teller job, you will be treated like a moron who is incapable of thought.

Advice to Management

Pay attention. High turnover can alert you to something. Hire BCMs with integrity.

2. "Great Job while it lasted"

Former Employee - Team Manager
    Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was decent and I was able to promote as quickly as possible. Good environment to work in and there was a definite team atmosphere. There was a positive drive to succeed and the training program was good.

Cons

When I started it was required to be in your current position for 6 months to be considered for promotion. About 5 months into my employment they changed it to 1 year, been there 5 months and 29 days? Too bad. I put in my year and was promoted. They started closing call centers across the USA and ours was one. Lots of good people out of work.

Advice to Management

I hope the thought of putting 30,000 people out of work doesn't keep you up at night.