Bank of America - Strong company with focus on growth and employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Strong company with focus on growth and employees."

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As a long-time employee of Bank of America (over 30 years) I have had many opportunities. I have used the tuition reimbursement to obtain my degree and continue to look for growth opportunities to further my career. Bank of America has a strong commitment to the communities and I am proud of the work done through our volunteer activities. While not broadly advertised as other companies/corporations, Bank of America is very involved with many facets in communities throughout the United States. Affinity groups and other avenues for growth are available to help employees in their own development.

Cons

Bank of America has great career growth opportunities in major metropolitan areas such as Charlotte, NC; Los Angeles, CA; Houston, TX; but in other areas it is very difficult to continue to grow in your career once you have achieved management level. You end up in the same position with little opportunity to move up unless someone retires or moves on.

Advice to Management

Do not discount the employees that have been with the company for many, many years. While being touted as one of the best companies for young professionals, us "older" professionals are not finding it as one of the best places to work when we are not able to continue to grow in our own career.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Not for the Faint of Heart"

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary, benefits, short commute, nice people to work with.

Cons

Can't tell you in 20 words. Please see comment below.

Advice to Management

Bottom line is that management is investor driven & not overly concerned with the welfare of employees. A physically & emotionally unhealthy environment. At one point one-third of my department was out on stress leaves because of the micro-managing, brow-beating, massive work overload, pressed to do hours of over-time daily, and so forth. A close friend who has a BS in Sociology advised me the atmosphere I was working in was what is known as a "churn and burn". He was absolutely correct in his assessment. Lateral moves to other departments very difficult to accomplish also.

"Avoid like the plague"

Current Employee - Technology
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Another line on your resume.

Cons

Technology senior management is chasing trends but has no overall strategy. The one and only positive, the work from home program is being shut down. The reason is to increase collaboration but yet they keep pushing India resources into projects. That does not increase face to face collaboration unless I am mistaken.

Reorgs happen every few months and the wrong people are in positions of power. Poor management decision making is part of the daily working life here.

Senior management pretends to care about employee feedback but it's all show.

Morale is very low due to constant threat of layoffs and lack of direction.

Benefits are horrible. Health insurance choices are high deductible and higher deductible plans.

Advice to Management

Enough with the dog and pony show. Put up or shut up.