Bank of America - Excellent bonuses, no time to spend | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Excellent bonuses, no time to spend"

Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

Pros

Empowerment to perform my job and excellent bonus package. The job was challenging and everyday was a whirlwind of activity for which you were paid a lower than market base pay but pheonominal bonuses at the end of the year. Our department was structured so that there were fewer layers of management so getting immediate answers on what we could do or couldn't do was only one person away. All top management was available with an open door policy. Management welcomed "thinking outside the box" and creative structering in order to get a loan closed. Very exciting and great comraderie amoung the group.

Cons

No life outside of the job. You had to be available via blackberry 24/7.

Advice to Management

They should have provided more staff to complete the day to day work to prevent burnout.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

"Enjoyed working there!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

Pros

I loved the people I worked with and felt that there was great support for career growth with in the company. I felt that I had management support in my day to day job duties as well as with my career goals. The benefits were great and there was a good work/life balance.

Cons

I felt the salaries were not comprable to the market for senior level line employees or middle management. The entry level positions paid fairly well and the Senior Management positions seemed to be compensated accordingly, but the middle management salaries were extremely low.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that they continue to focus on the career growth and support of their employees and to evaluate salaries at every level to ensure that they are in line with the market so that they do not loose good, hard working employees.

"Bank of America is a bully."

Former Employee - Teller in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Teller in San Jose, CA

Pros

The benefits are some of the best around. They offer vision, dental, and medical and the cost varies by how much you want to spend every month. They also provide paid vacations, 401k, and health accounts. Associate discounts on credit cards are also decent.

Cons

The employees are the last thing they think about. Do not expect a raise unless you makes sales, sales, sales. Experience, knowledge, reliability means nothing to them. They train you to do one thing, but expect you to do the complete opposite just so you can meet their numbers. No respect is given to employees. When employees are asked for feedback about what is working and what is not, they ignore any input if it doesn't follow their agenda.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of your business. Do not give fake motivational speeches because the employees will see right through you. Be real. Be respectful. Be righteous.