Bank of America - Not worth the effort. | Glassdoor

"Not worth the effort."

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Associate in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Associate in San Diego, CA

Pros

name recognition, no fees banking for employees.

Cons

Name recognition, lousy pay, worst turn times in the history of mortgage banking, strict underwriting, over conditioning, horrible appraisers.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "a work horse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Pros

pay is good, great benefits

Cons

hard to get promoted; must be a manager favorite

Advice to Management

promote based on performance not on popularity

2. "Unlimited Growth Opportunities here"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

Pros

I worked at BofA for about a year on a consulting basis, but was there full-time and one of the things that impressed me the most about this company was that they really think out of the box when it comes to growth for employees. There is a talent planning team that acts like talent scouts, keeping an eye on employees that are going above and beyond and getting very creative about how to move them into new opportunities. As an example, where most companies would only look at people with product management backgrounds for a senior role within product management, they tapped someone from the business analytics group who had consistently exceeded expectations and who was up for a new challenge. I also reconnected with a former college in hr who has moved into a marketing role. They are very innovative in this respect and it helps with retention, great way to keep good people happy.

Cons

Conference calls. I've never worked at a larger company before so this was my first true corporate experience and it was eye-opening. Much more structure and layers, and reporting.

Also the company is decentralized so my supervisor was based across the country, my admin worked out of her house in florida and my recruiting partner was in Charlotte. It all worked fine, but sometimes it's nice to just walk across the hall and ask your boss or colleague a question, and I did miss that.

Advice to Management

Less conference calls!