Bank of America Securities - Banc of America Securities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America Securities

"Banc of America Securities"

Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst
Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst

Pros

The Leveraged Finance group provided me with a rigorous and challenging experience. I learned a lot, and made some very good friends (at the analyst and at the associate level). Coming out of the analyst program, I had a solid fundamental understanding of finance and the debt side of the capital markets.

Cons

Compared to friends at Morgan Stanley, Wachovia, etc., I had to be VERY secretive when I was exploring new jobs in private equity. My friends at the aforementioned firms did not - in fact, their firms offered WORKSHOPS for PE interviews (including question answering, model workshops, case study workshops, etc.). We had no such thing, and on top of that I felt like I had to be ridiculous shady about interviewing for fear of getting fired (we were mid layoffs). In the end, I however, I could confide in colleagues with whom I was close and it all worked out, but it was pretty disconcerting to have to be so secretive.

Advice to Management

Be clearer with employees about plans for the future and changes happening to the group. Also, the review process was flawed - my comments wouldn't necessarily match my "score," and it was absurd when my friends and I would compare our reviews; it was like they literally just changed the name on the review.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America Securities

1. "Enjoyed my time there"

I worked at Bank of America Securities full-time

Pros

Benefits, People, Locations, Salary, advancement opportunities

Cons

I have no cons at this time

Advice to Management

None

2. "Consumer Banking - Sales and Service Specialist"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America Securities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Broader exposure to entire Bank of America organization through affinity, volunteer groups. This is probably the most valuable - the chance to meet others within the organization truly opens doors so please don't discount it.
    -Park Avenue location provided interaction with ultra high end clients with unique needs.
    -Standard benefits are great in the corporate space - medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, matching gifts, paid volunteer days.

Cons

-Completely inept management on almost every level of the consumer, retail banking level - from the branches to those that run the local markets, and then some.
    -Fundmental disconnect in the sales area - past habits reek of the current Wells Fargo debacle. i.e. - pushing a savings account on someone who cannot afford it, but hey, 'Keep the Change' will help, right?

Advice to Management

Purge, but its too late for that... You're tired and sorely disconnected.