Bank of Putnam County - Great employee development | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Great employee development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Pros

Working with great people.
Very well known in the community and you have several opportunities to be involved.
A great place to get experience and learn everything you can about how banks should work.
One of the most successful banks in the state of Tennessee.
Lots of tools at your disposal that can help you be good at what you do.

Cons

The environment is changing from a close knit group of respected people to more like a factory or larger run bank with a shrinking level of respect for employees. If you were or are a long time employee it means that you are likely to get pushed out even after several years of work there. While this probably common across all banks, it's sad to see a place that might have been a great place to work at one time turn into something less.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in your vision and communicate it to employees. Get to know what the day to day work is like when it comes to dealing with customers and really consider what they have to put up with alot of the time.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of Putnam County

"Working at BPC is easy, but not rewarding."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Pros

Easy hours and easy work.

Cons

Living in small-town Tennessee, rarely, if ever do they promote from within.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, let the employees know what new positions are available, do not assume that people would not be interested.

2. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Bank of Putnam County full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was the best job I've ever had. My co-workers were truly like family and I looked forward to coming to work every day. Low stress. Owner, Jack Ray, is an angel and makes you feel greatly appreciated constantly. They also offer great benefits as well. The only reason I don't work there anymore is because of relocation.

Cons

I honestly couldn't tell you bad things about this company. The pay wasn't great, but I would rather work here with that pay, than where I am currently making a lot more.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. David Williamson is the CEO, not Gene C. Hooper and he's wonderful to his employees.