Bank of the West - Great benefits and awesome place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of the West

"Great benefits and awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager in Chaska, MN
Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager in Chaska, MN

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer a great incentive plan for those that are above the CSR level. The benefits are great and they have a really awesome tuition reimbursement plan for continuing education. My management team has been more than fair and willing to help me advance (until recently- read in the cons). This bank is also one of the best customer-oriented banks that I have ever been to. We really care about our customers and our community, they're not just a number.

Cons

I've been with the bank for seven years, worked all throughout college and was finally promoted to my current position (which is hardly an achievement for someone with two BA degrees). I've recently been given notice that my position is being eliminated and I've applied for a new position with more responsibility but the first thing that I heard was that they are worried about the "grade jump". I would be be moved up six grades in pay and they think the jump is too high.. It's unforunately because I've worked at the lowest position possible for over six years, worked my way up in the company & now it runs into pay again and not wanting to pay me more even though I've clearly proven myself worthy, never been written up or put on a warning, etc..

Advice to Management

Notice great potential when you've got it.. The CEO of a large bank in the country started as a teller and worked his way up. Understand that despite age, intelligence and achievement are great factors for future growth in

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of the West

"Not what they appear"

Current Employee - V P in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - V P in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very great and talented people work there. Decent benefits.

Cons

Archaic technology. Expected to work 50-60 hours for salaried positions. Vacation expectations are that you stay connected and available. Arrogant Executive Managers who have no clue as to what is going on day to day. IT department is a joke. Closed a bunch of branches and really did not handle the displacement of employees well at all.

Advice to Management

Spend some money on technology. Stop putting duct tape on everything. Treat your employees with respect.

"Good company but closing many retail branches"

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career advancement is encouraged if you succeed in your current position.

Cons

Closing of branches and many bank changes constantly can make employees feel nervous about their career.