Bankers Life - Horrible Experience | Glassdoor

"Horrible Experience"

Pros

Set your own Schedule on field days

Cons

Lots of cold calling to poor qualitly leads

Many of the leads you call say they never requested any information from the company

Favortism and they claim you will be trained by a seasoned agent but in reality you wil be working mostly with an agent that has only been there for a few months longer than yourself

Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Life

"Former Agent....Tinton Falls N.J."

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good training....I learned alot Medicare. Alot of online training courses as well as weekly classes in office.

Cons

Very long hours, you are to be in the office 2 days a week at 8:00am till sometimes 7pm or later and they ask you to come in on Saturdays al least 3 times a month.. Cold calling, the leads that you pay for are recycled leads and most of them say they diddent request any information. Managers have signs on there doors that say, if your not booked not to bother them and on the doors tghere are signs saying, see your manager before you leave if your not booked. They tell you just get in the door, you will find a need, sale.
    They favor managers and top producers with quality leads,they get them first. When I saw how bad the leads were and the fact that you are paying for your leads, I asked if I could purchase leads from a lead company and I was told they would termenate my contract if I did. I thoughjt I was 1099 employee, self employed and I could not invest my own money to my buisness. Once you make your sna, you are on your own. They hire anyone somtimes 10 new agents a month. Your expected to knock on peoples doors to get buisness, but most of the time they tell you off or dont answer the door. When you do get a appointment %50 of the time you get porched, so they tell you to double book even more so if you think there is no money there. Basiclly your saying anything to get in the door. Just get in the door, call the people who are home is wehat your told to do. Oh, andf have at least 1 years salery saved up your going to need it. Because there is so much compition and so many agent and most of all horrible leads, I'm sorry I wasted 9 months with no money, no support.

Advice to Management

Get better leads. Hire less agents and focus on the good one who work 16 hour days for nothing.

2. "Satisfied Employee with minimal complaints"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

Pros

Most co-workers are team players and everyone trys their best to help each other out even when it may not be part of their job description. True team players. Recognizing that we all work for the same company even though we are not in the same department.

Cons

nothing to say at this time.

Advice to Management

Value your great employees by compensating them with praise, recognition, and fair bonuses.