Bankers Life - Excellent Training, Hard Work Pays Off | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life

"Excellent Training, Hard Work Pays Off"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent 1099 in Carol Stream, IL
Current Employee - Insurance Agent 1099 in Carol Stream, IL

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Make Your Own Schedule
* Your effort determines your salary

I see a lot of people flaming here about how hard this CAREER is. While I won't deny by any means that it's not for everyone, if you have a desire to be in sales and have a solid work ethic, the sky is truly the limit with this company. I see many people complaining about the quality of leads, if you don't like them, buy your own. I also see people saying they take 10% out of your paycheck to buy leads which is false. 10% of your first $10,000 in commission is withheld in case of cancellations and is refunded to you after your 2nd year with the company...It's $1000 people, get over it.

I've been with Bankers for a whopping 2 months and it's hands down the best career decision I've ever made. My first month was brutal, as is most everyone's, after that I went out on my own and have sold 14 policies in 30 days to the tune of $5000 in commission. It's not hard, you just have to know how to work the process they train you for, and obviously, the more effort you put in, the more attention you get from management = the higher your chance of success.

Cons

* Overlapping Leads
* Some confusion in training (my office was only 6 months old though)

In regards to people complaining about the leads, like really people? Of course there is overlap, of course the leads aren't all good. They are providing them to you @ no cost (at least in my office). Feel free to go buy your own. This is a career choice, not a job, that was made very very very clear to me in my first briefing but seems to be something everyone else missed. If you don't like the leads, get your own via referrals (how you really make money in any sales position anyways) or gtfo.

Advice to Management

Perhaps glorifying the career a little less and making sure people understand the work involved (Was made clear to me but not everyone it seems).

Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Life

"Boring life and Causalty"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Calverton, MD
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Calverton, MD

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My direct supervisor was really helpful,also a very nice.Also fellow employees were. also very personable. I also really enjoyed meeting with clients.

Cons

Job was 100% commission leads were paid for by employees and were almost worthless Lots of charge backs. Upper management was terrible and not helpful at all. You got paid for sales but no yearly residual. .

Advice to Management

Get leads that are useful and not rehashed several times. Management should more engaged with agents. Upgrade better training on all products.Geneallyy be nicer to agents.

"Dont Kid yourself and believe "positive' comments this place is a "farm" look up the meaning."

Current Contractor - Sales in Somerset, NJ
    Current Contractor - Sales in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Bankers Life as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training for the first 60 to 80 days. Once the managers revieve there "bonus" for making you pass the SNA. GOOD LUCK. Place thrives on "smoking mirrors" and playing on everyone's "heart strings". Its all "hype".

Cons

The only "on' is believing the "pros",, and staying there too long and watch career wither. Its a "puppy mill". the only name recognition is "you" if you strive to be the best and after you made like 1000 cold calls, after you leave, "god bless" your clientele. I cannot emphasize enough to not bother with this company.

Advice to Management

What management?