Bankers Life - Time Consuming | Glassdoor

"Time Consuming"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bankers Life part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a competitor, and you like a challenge, I would highly recommend this job.

Cons

You have to have some kind of supplemental income, or already have a licence to support you because they do not pay you during the two weeks of training.

Advice to Management

ONLY HIRE PEOPLE WITH LICENCES.

Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Life

"Regrets"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the agents working in this office are good people.

Cons

Deceptive hiring process. Management misleads new agents. Commissions are MLM scheme. High pressure. Poor training.

Advice to Management

I left this company because of unethical sales practices. It's literally dog-eat-dog in this company. On my second day one of the tenured agents told me that "everyone" in the office is looking for another job. High stress environment lacking organization and professionalism.

"Please don't make the same mistake as I did..."

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set your own hours, work schedule can be flexible

Cons

Where do I begin? Backstabbing, deceptive scripts, lying to prospective clients and employees, horrible pay or no pay--all commission based. I showed up to the "career briefing", hopeful for a new job and excited about the unlimited income potential. I was told that I could be making what I'm worth. So I came back for the second interview. I went through that and by the end of the day was hired. Now since I needed some time and money to become an agent, I decided to work as a recruiter first. I remember very little detail about recruiting, since they mostly try to sell applicants on agent and/or management positions. I, as others, were led to believe something about compensation for recruiters that simply wasn't true. I was then given a different idea of what compensation was for recruiters once I was hired. It wasn't what I was led to believe in the career briefing, but adequate nonetheless, so I figured "why not?". Once I showed up for my new job at Bankers on Day One, I was finally informed of the true compensation. Knowing that I was lied to about the differences in pay, I should have gotten up and walked out of the office right there. Instead, I stayed, figuring that with my sales background, I would do well in recruiting and ultimately, sales. Once I started filling out the invoices, I waited for my compensation checks to arrive in the mail. But what's this? My checks never came?! And I lied to get people to come to career briefings--we are given a script and we are told to read off of it verbatim. We are even given a rebuttal sheet, but are told not to stray from that in any way, shape, or form. When career briefing attendance was low, we were even given modified scripts to perk people up a little about the idea of attending a career briefing. Many people were very upset after attendance (rightfully so), because if we told them the whole truth they wouldn't come to the career briefings. I mean, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have either.