Bankers Life - I enjoyed my work experience with Bankers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life

"I enjoyed my work experience with Bankers"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As this was my first experience with insurance sales, I spent my first week in Banker's training school that gave me a good overall of what they expected of an new agent and how to reach those goals. They paired me with a well qualified field trainer who was very pleasant to work with.

Cons

The office was a 2 hour drive from my house, in which I was expected to be in the office 2-1/2 days a week, though my actual sales territory was in the area where I lived. Training period was too short for people with no or little sales experience. Commission based pay only.

Advice to Management

I did like the gas cards, lunches, and other perks given as incentives for achieving sales goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Life

"Insurance agent"

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Allentown, PA
    Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Allentown, PA

I worked at Bankers Life as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good initial training. Thats the only pro I can think about this company. Read below to see why you shouldn't join this company.

Cons

I was here for 20 months before I jumped ship. Bankers cares more about agents leaving the company within the first month then agents leaving after years of service. Bonuses are almost impossible to reach, most agents in my office made less than 22K in their first year(if they even lasted a year) folks the turnover ratio at bankers is close to 75%. Do yourself a favor and don't join this company. There are PLENTY of other companies out there in insurance sales that offer a competitive salary and commissions which is where I went to.

Advice to Management

Offer a base salary to your employees. It's extreme unfair to have the managers make 150-300K when the agents in their office are struggling to put food on the table for their own families and your managers are driving benz's.

"Professionalism and partnership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is awesome
     Acknowledgement of successors

Cons

Upper management don't practice what they preach since I was middle management I saw a lot of things on the inside that weren't what i call fair or ethical. Open door policy, "not."
    To much micromanagement

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach