Bankers Life - I enjoyed my work experience with Bankers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life

"I enjoyed my work experience with Bankers"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As this was my first experience with insurance sales, I spent my first week in Banker's training school that gave me a good overall of what they expected of an new agent and how to reach those goals. They paired me with a well qualified field trainer who was very pleasant to work with.

Cons

The office was a 2 hour drive from my house, in which I was expected to be in the office 2-1/2 days a week, though my actual sales territory was in the area where I lived. Training period was too short for people with no or little sales experience. Commission based pay only.

Advice to Management

I did like the gas cards, lunches, and other perks given as incentives for achieving sales goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Life

"Not a career opportunity"

Former Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great process for making sales.

Cons

Difficulty getting claims paid. No control of income due to lack of leads, lack of support. High recruiting with lowest retention in the industry. Not competitive with any of their products. Horrible name recognition. Lawsuits in many states. High percentage of insurance department complaints. Poor customer service based in other countries. Poor direction from top to bottom. Captive dinosaur.

Advice to Management

Be honest! Stop sacrificing your integrity and spinning wrongs to feel right. Open your eyes and do research on your own company. Hold your company accountable. RD role does not work, just pays political pawns great incomes.

"Insurance agent"

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Allentown, PA
    Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Allentown, PA

I worked at Bankers Life as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good initial training. Thats the only pro I can think about this company. Read below to see why you shouldn't join this company.

Cons

I was here for 20 months before I jumped ship. Bankers cares more about agents leaving the company within the first month then agents leaving after years of service. Bonuses are almost impossible to reach, most agents in my office made less than 22K in their first year(if they even lasted a year) folks the turnover ratio at bankers is close to 75%. Do yourself a favor and don't join this company. There are PLENTY of other companies out there in insurance sales that offer a competitive salary and commissions which is where I went to.

Advice to Management

Offer a base salary to your employees. It's extreme unfair to have the managers make 150-300K when the agents in their office are struggling to put food on the table for their own families and your managers are driving benz's.