Bankers Life - Life Insurance Agent | Glassdoor

"Life Insurance Agent"

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX
Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Bankers Life as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Once you have reached a point of licensure and given every success to building clients, this type of role can be very rewarding.
There are hours of preparation for the State Board of Insurance testing, and additional knowledge needed to learn the insurance products you will represent, so this is the "roadwork" needed aside from maintaining hours of contact with potential clients.

Cons

You work for a commission salary. This is a very stressful position for those who depend on regular pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Life

"It is an okay company and you have a chance to help people"

Current Employee - Unit Field Trainer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Unit Field Trainer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, freedom to succeed. They really want you to be successful and genuinely try to help you.

Cons

You start to feel like a geriatric predator searching and harassing old people. For the ones that need the help, its great, but most of the time they don't want your help. Also the commission structure is good, but the real money comes after you put your time in and your residuals build up. Until then, its pretty lean.

Advice to Management

Make sure new people have the $20,000 saved up before they start. People go broke working for the company. They can't afford the job.

"I enjoyed my work experience with Bankers"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As this was my first experience with insurance sales, I spent my first week in Banker's training school that gave me a good overall of what they expected of an new agent and how to reach those goals. They paired me with a well qualified field trainer who was very pleasant to work with.

Cons

The office was a 2 hour drive from my house, in which I was expected to be in the office 2-1/2 days a week, though my actual sales territory was in the area where I lived. Training period was too short for people with no or little sales experience. Commission based pay only.

Advice to Management

I did like the gas cards, lunches, and other perks given as incentives for achieving sales goals.