Banner Health - look elsewhere | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Staff RN in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Banner Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent benefits for the cost to employees

Cons

no pay raises-no hr support of staff
quality of staff is too new and inexperienced
management has no clue

Advice to Management

listen you all talk too much and listen not at all
nurses take care of patients and keep them safe

Other Employee Reviews for Banner Health

"What I feel was said outloud."

Current Employee - Or RN in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Or RN in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Banner Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good, hard working, dedicated employees. Skilled surgeons and anesthesiologists, in a pretty building.

Cons

Gaping disconnect between those who create the policies and those tasked with carrying them out.
    "According to the needs of the hospital" trumps all.

Advice to Management

Thursday, Sept. 6th we had a series of meetings where the head of the OR, and the CEO of the Good Sam campus were to explain the changes that they had in mind to mend our broken department. We've had about 65 people leave our department in the last 10 months, due to such circumstances as decreases in benefits, stagnated pay, brusque treatment by uncaring managers. Lots of cutbacks in auxillary personnel, and lots more work added on for Everyone. As more scrub techs and nurses have left, the number of call shifts for those of us remaining, just keeps gettting greater. The administration has gone down to a single team of scrub and nurse for the weekend nights, so if you are on call, prepare to come in. How does this pass muster in a Magnet designated, Level 1 Trauma Center? There is very little given beyond lip service to the Work/Life Balance concept. If the hospital needs it, you WILL do it. Back to the meeting; the CEO got flustered when asked pointed questions regarding all the people who had left. We were told that we were probably better off without them, and that no one in the room was irreplaceable. He ended up towering over one of our employees, shaking his finger in his face. This is not professional behaviour, this bullying, intimidating assault would be more fitting in a bar room, than a gathering of health care workers. While we were all completely shocked at the time, when I thought more about it, I realized that Mr. Volkmar had merely put into words the strategy that we've been managed by, over the last two or three years. In some ways it's just cleaner to have it out there.
     In conclusion, I would suggest working elsewhere.

"New Administration"

Current Employee - Behavioral Health Technician in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Behavioral Health Technician in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Banner Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent but somewhat expensive health and dental benefits, as well as great discounts throughout the community.

Cons

The new administration, at Banner Behavioral Health cares more about $$ than patient care, or employee satisfaction or safety.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the concerns of employees that have been employed and loyal to Banner for the past 3 or more years.