Baptist Health (Florida) - Management is a major problem, the pay is really low. | Glassdoor

"Management is a major problem, the pay is really low."

Current Employee - Information Technology Tech in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

My co-workers are mostly nice. Baptist supports volunteers and volunteer programs.

Cons

The overall culture of Baptist has changed over the last few years. Management is quick to protect themselves and their friends while making everyone else take the fall. Everyone I know here is saying that they are not getting a raise this year despite work performance. Everyone is stressed, pointing fingers, unhappy, and overworked. Many of us are forced to work 60 plus hours a week with no overtime pay. I have missed every family birthday, anniversary, and event this year because I was told I had to work. They don't care about work life balance. Upper management told us that they aren't doing their job right if they don't get rid of most of the staff to hire in "fresh blood".

Advice to Management

Reward the individuals that perform well. The CEO needs to look at his management staff to see why there is such a high turnover.

Baptist Health (Florida)2015-09-19
  1. "Baptist Jax RRT"

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Positive environment, Helpful co-workers, Team oriented

Cons

Pay is less than other local hospitals

Baptist Health (Florida)2019-09-18
  2. "Registered Nurse"

I have been working at Baptist Health (Florida) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay was decent compared to other hospitals, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Patient ratio Patient tech resources

Advice to Management

Review patient ratio taking in consideration patient acuity Implement patient acuity system

Baptist Health (Florida)2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Baptist Health (Florida).