Baptist Hospital - A good job with (mostly) good people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baptist Hospital

"A good job with (mostly) good people."

Current Employee - Sterile Processing Assistant in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Sterile Processing Assistant in Nashville, TN

Pros

Baptist has a comprehensive, affordable benefits package. Most people are friendly and helpful, and have a good sense of humor about their jobs, even if the work they do is unpleasant or thankless. The hospital takes active steps to care for the safety of it's patients and employees.

Cons

The man who runs the department where I work is really difficult to work for. I don't know much about the rest of the hospital, but if you are reading this because you're curious about working in the Sterile Processing Department, I would look at another position in the hospital. If you do decide to take a position in SPD, just be prepared to lower your expectations. There's little to no training, a lot of gossip, and the department is chronically understaffed because the aforementioned manager is so disrespectful and incompetent. Leadership has been slow to respond to the employee's complaints and concerns about management.

Advice to Management

Although it can be difficult to filter legitimate problems from the discord of employee feedback, a marked increase and persistence of turnover in a particular workgroup is a good indicator of a problem with leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for Baptist Hospital

1. "Focus on wrong issues"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Nashville, TN

Pros

Decent range of versatility, many different scopes of practice allow for great learning opportunity. easy to get to and free parking close to hosp

Cons

Management is focused on micromanaging most of the time, very busy hosp. management needs to pick their battles. Not reasonable to expect you to keep up with a huge workload and to still be able to cross your t's and dot your I's. It's a non-profit so expect a ton of clientell that expect a hand out and do nothing to improve themselves

Advice to Management

Listen to what the group of your employees voice concerns about not just the few you take smoke breaks with

2. "Wonderful work experienced"

Former Employee - LVN in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - LVN in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Baptist Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I gained so much knowledge from an amazing work family.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any.