Baptist Memorial Health Care - Turnover was a huge problem and nurses were not welcoming to new RN's. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baptist Memorial Health Care

"Turnover was a huge problem and nurses were not welcoming to new RN's."

Former Employee - Staff RN in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Staff RN in Memphis, TN

I worked at Baptist Memorial Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent and schedule was consistent.

Cons

Constant bickering between nurses and management, huge turnover of nursing staff

Advice to Management

Take action to stop the bullying between new and seasoned nurses.

Other Employee Reviews for Baptist Memorial Health Care

1. "I worked at BMH for 40 years and I enjoyed it"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Memphis, TN

I worked at Baptist Memorial Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. it has been a great learning place.Good benefits. The atmosphere and the workers were very caring.

Cons

sometimes we were not staffed well for the amount of patients we had,but everyone pulled together and we made it .

Advice to Management

I wish managers would go out on the floor,like for example walk a day in my shoes. I remember we did that a while back.it would be nice for them to know what we go through.

"Cutbacks on benefits and staffing, and throwing money away on unnecessary tech - makes perfect sense"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Baptist Memorial Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been a Baptist employee for 5 years. The first several years of my Baptist experience was great. I received a good orientation, continuing education, plenty of support from my manager, and had everything I needed to do my job. Current pro's are: I still have a job and I still get my paycheck on time.

Cons

The organization has taken a bad turn in the past 6 months. Despite making plenty of profit (remember, this is a non-profit organization), there has been a dramatic decrease in staffing, and the company is cutting benefits left and right -- no more tuition reimbursement for new hires, no more specialty certification reimbursement, no more preceptor pay, and the list goes on and on. Meanwhile, Baptist is spending millions of dollars on new equipment -- cardiac monitors are being replaced in areas where they work perfectly fine now, new iPhones are being issued to nursing staff to replace an already-working companion phone system. If Baptist doesn't have the money to pay the staff, where are these millions coming from for unnecessary technology.

Advice to Management

Get your feet on the ground and your heads out of the clouds. Reassess where you are spending money and why you are spending it. Realize that a decrease in staffing will result in decreased patient safety and patient satisfaction, which will reduce reimbursement dramatically, forcing you to cut costs even more.