KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Barbizon is like a legit scam

Sep 8, 2015 - Teacher in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had free hotel stays, free training and I got to teach lovely young ladies. It was fun being in class and being able to have taught girls that are on their way to success and also making friends with some other employees.

Cons

Very unprofessional when scheduling classes and they don't tell you when they'll randomly switch teachers. I had to take in their 2 big bins into my home because they couldn't ship it to Chicago for some reason. Parents are paying 2,000$ for teachers that are only trained for 2 days (yes only 2 days of training before you're thrown into the pack of young girls). I sacrifice so much of my time to this company to just be cast aside, one of the directors even called me at 10p.m. to see if I could teach a class the next day because another teacher had called off (and I taught that class until their last day.) Another con is being blamed for a drop out score that had to do with parents finances rather than my teaching( I was getting angry calls from parents asking why money was taken out of their account from Barbizon.), while I didn't take care of any of the finances. Overall it was much more hassle with Barbizon then good.

6 people found this review helpful

Barbizon Response

Internal Communications Team

We are sorry our company was not a good fit for you. We appreciate your feedback and understand sometimes it can be trying to work in the field rather than our corporate offices. We try very hard to offer the same communication to all of our employees, whether stationed within our corporate headquarters or in the field. We are sorry you do not feel that same communication was offered to you. We appreciate you alerting us so we can make changes moving forward.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I love my job here at Barbizon!

Sep 14, 2022 - Client Service Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Barbizon not only helps to shape youth in discovering their one of a kind star quality but we shape employees too! Promoting within is always our first focus. To develop successful employees while providing a positive and uplifting environment for them to earn a livelihood is a beautiful thing. Barbizon is invested in the success of their employees. 10/10 Recommend.

Cons

I love my job and the people I work with. No cons from me.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love where I work!

Sep 6, 2022 - Client Care Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

To start, Barbizon has a great company culture! You will feel at home in the Barbizon family. And there are so many different positions, you will truly find your place here! Working for Barbizon is rewarding in all aspects! Whether you are teaching students, booking auditions, assisting families in need, or anything in-between. Everyday brings something new. Plus, there's room to grow! There is great communication with management. Upper management is always very supportive to the team.

Cons

Nothing to say here, seriously!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Barbizon.

Barbizon Photos

+ Add Photo
Barbizon photo of: Tampa Bay Times Top Workplace
Barbizon photo of: 2018 Tampa Bay Times Top Work Places
Barbizon photo of: 2019 Holiday Party
Barbizon photo of: Our finance department volunteering with Metropolitan Ministries
Barbizon photo of: Our annual Passport to Discovery cruise event, hosting pop star Cody Simpson.
Barbizon photo of: Work hard, play hard too. We love traveling at Barbizon and make the most of it. Because team work makes the dream work, our competition team ventured on a food tour of Dallas
Barbizon photo of: Our all stars during our annual holiday party

Barbizon Job Seekers Also Viewed