Barclays - Cold | Glassdoor

"Cold"

Pros

Is a sophisticated practice and no space for lingering, meaning dynamic.

Cons

No straightforwardness and loyalty.. Plenty of delegation, no ownership. Left hand does not know what is happening with right one. No communication at all.

Advice to Management

Need to integrate teams....integration, integration.....GLOBAL integration.

Other Employee Reviews for Barclays

1. "Unprofessional"

Pros

Easy work. As long as you do not try to shine too much and finish your work, you can stay safe for a very long time.

Cons

Completely unprofessional when dealing with employee relations. I gave my resignation only to find out they will force me to stay for three months. When I begged and reasoned for over a month, they finally decided to reduce that sentence to 2.5 months. But after 2 months and with two weeks left, the management decided they don't need me any more and let me go while claiming I have been "disruptive" to the team environment because I only worked a few hours a day in the office all the while making sure there is absolutely no work for me to do. Even though the work itself was too simplistic and politically charged, I was treated fairly well until I gave that resignation letter. I believe a company's professionalism can be measured simply by watching how it treats its leavers. I have moved from companies to companies but never was I treated as poorly as Barcap did.

Advice to Management

If you expect loyalty and professionalism from your employees, give them reasons to have loyalty and professionalism.

2. "Terrible unmeritocratic waste of time"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Barclays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Little work required for okay renumeration

Cons

Backwards, bad systems, underinvestment in every section of infrastructure

Advice to Management

Quit and make room for truthful and passionate long-term management