Bard - Facilities Section Manager | Glassdoor

"Facilities Section Manager"

Former Employee - Facilities Section Manager in Humacao, PR
Former Employee - Facilities Section Manager in Humacao, PR

I worked at Bard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plant Manager is doing a great job in his 4 years in the position but his people are not helping.

Cons

Too much stress, and experience left the organization

Advice to Management

Continue doing the job. Light should be close.

Other Employee Reviews for Bard

"A necessary evil"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

I have been working at Bard full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some great people
    They try to help in the community
    They make small, periodic efforts to show employees they are valued

Cons

Many decent managers, but a handful of very bad managers that ruin things for everyone else. Management isn't just about getting results, it's about effectively managing people. I don't care how great a company is, if I have a bad manager, then he or she is my reality for 40+ hours per week.
    Very limited room for advancement, and often the candidate is chosen before the position is even posted for bidding (although they swear this is not the case). I know this because I was told first-hand by someone involved in the hiring decisions.
    No longer a sense of job security due to frequent layoffs and policy changes.
    A very unfriendly and heavy handed HR department.
    Benefits are getting slimmer by the year, and they are slowly chipping away at vacation, PTO and holiday time off.
    Extremely controlling of every aspect of the work day, and a culture that seems to discourage innovation.

Advice to Management

I think it would be beneficial to treat all employees (not just the ones that work with a pen and PC) as human capital rather than human resources. Getting the work done is important, but allow employees to flourish and develop them to their fullest potential. This goes beyond offering tuition reimbursement and online courses only offered to management and exempt staff. If you give people a chance to show you what they are capable of, you might just be surprised once in a while. And with the turbulent and increasingly dynamic business world, it might just be the only way to keep a more sustainable business model.

"Not very good"

Current Employee - Can't Say in Glens Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Can't Say in Glens Falls, NY

I have been working at Bard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work that you do.Clean place to work.

Cons

Management has no clue.The DB&A thing they have going on only causes strife with the workers.The "Live Well program" amounts to nothing more then extortion.Job bids get posted but are already filled by the "in" people.Very little room to advance.Product lines moving out with very little to replace them.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and come down off your high horse.The workers are the backbone of the company NOT you.