Bare International - A little fish can make a BIG splash here! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bare International

"A little fish can make a BIG splash here!"

Current Employee - Would Prefer to Keep This Anonymous in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Would Prefer to Keep This Anonymous in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Bare offers the individual a unique opportunity to make an impact on management decisions and the bottom line. Management respects the feedback of employees and actively seeks out employee opinions and ideas. "Promotion from within" is common. Management is also very respectful of work/life balance and offers flexible scheduling options to employees who have proven their work ethic and commitment.

Cons

Anyone who needs a lot of hand-holding will not succeed in this environment because managers and coworkers all have very full workloads. Though new employees get on the job training on the company's special software packages, they need to already have strong computer skills otherwise. There is no time for remedial training.

Advice to Management

N/A - I am personally very satisfied working at BARE.

Other Employee Reviews for Bare International

"I am still trying to recover from this place!"

Former Employee - Resource Manager in Budapest (Hungary)
    Former Employee - Resource Manager in Budapest (Hungary)

I worked at Bare International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Modern office.
    No work on Hungarian Bank holidays.

Cons

This is the worst job I’ve had so far. This company is extremely cheap, not willing to pay decent money to evaluators, making the job of its actual Bare International employees very difficult and stressful but they absolutely don’t care about it. Anybody can sign up to become an evaluator, and many of them are unreliable, or not able to follow instructions, delaying project completion thereby. Not surprisingly, there was a very high turnover rate of Bare employees during the time I was working there, we had at least one employee leaving each week. And as far as I know, this trend continues even today.

The Resource Manager job may sound good as a job title, but in reality this position is a mixture of telemarketing and used car salesman. Lots of cold calls, and trying to persuade uninterested evaluators to perform mystery evaluations in far away locations for very little money. The position is the least meaningful job I have ever done, it still feels like a waste of three years from my life and in this position I truly had no possibility to grow or develop careerwise. Although I was assigned more and more projects to complete in more and more countries, I never received positive feedback from management for successful and timely completion, or as a matter of fact, for anything at all. At this company if you do your very best, it is simply not enough, even when your health is being affected already by the stress. Management in the Budapest office was the typical example of the peter principle, and team leaders and managers were climbing the career ladder by creating non-existent new titles for themselves. Regarding daily activities, they did not get involved in actual work, did not assist team members, they were only there to demand results. One of them openly used racist and anti-semite remarks to refer to evaluators in a certain Middle-Eastern country. Disgusting.

During the three years I worked for this company, I did not receive a raise, ever, and the company did not offer any cafeteria packages, either, although it is the norm in Hungary. Employees in other departments were also extremely overloaded with work and constantly stressed out. This company does not value its employees, but management acts like it is some kind of privilege to work at this place, when in reality this company does not deserve even the time I’m spending writing this review.

Advice to Management

I have no advice because I know they are not interested.

2. "Worked a Project Manager"

I worked at Bare International full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, open door policy,

Cons

less salary, work allocation is not justified

Advice to Management

Realize the real potential of employee