Barilla - Good people. Great place to work. Management stiffled by corporate office. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Barilla

"Good people. Great place to work. Management stiffled by corporate office."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL

I have been working at Barilla full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and atmosphere to work in. Great place for recent college grads.

Cons

No growth opportunity for long term employees.

Advice to Management

Create some levels so employees have something to aspire to.

Other Employee Reviews for Barilla

"Great Brand, Good Environment... Excellent place to get experience in a Private Company"

Former Employee - Manager in Bannockburn, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Bannockburn, IL

Pros

Great products, Great Brand, Good pay, Excellent benefits. Culture is obsessive about product quality. Great advertising and cool PR activities. The company hires very talented people, pays well and provides an environment where work balance is attainable. Medical benefits are A+. Office facilities are colorful, with natural light and great amenities. Business is growing, which is always a positive.

Cons

Limited upward mobility. Sales department is the business driver. There is an opportunity for better cross departmental team dynamics. Working on pasta business is very motivating, but it is tougher if your responsibilities are in sauce where growth has been difficult to achieve.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for people to get cross department experience as a substitute for upward mobility.

2. "Internship"

Pros

I really liked the company and the overall atmosphere. It help with my overall sales development and jumpstarted my career.

Cons

I wish I was worked in a location that was in a city, like Chicago, rather than a suburb. Also my commute was a bit rough.

Advice to Management

Overall good experience, liked the project work we were assigned. Thought management was very friendly and cared about their work. They could've listened to my opinions more though.