Barnes Group - Ok. Treated respectfully and good comp. so much opportunity. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Barnes Group

"Ok. Treated respectfully and good comp. so much opportunity."

Pros

Good job managing the financials,Small company atmosphere. Flexibility. Generally respectful. They r trying.

Cons

Communication top down needs to be enhanced.

Advice to Management

Promote based on skills, capabilities and accomplishment at management levels ... Please stop churning the old blood who have been around forever, have their favorites, and only know what they know based on years at Barnes. It's a big world out there with so many top notch execs out there who will come in and make the tough decisions and move Barnes through the step changes they need to make to be truly great!

Other Employee Reviews for Barnes Group

"Many changes over a short amount of time. Company rewards managers with bad behavior."

Pros

Location, access to leadership. fun activities.

Cons

Employees are not always treated with respect by managers.
    Managers get away with bad behavior and are rewarded.
    Managers not held to the same standard as employees.

Advice to Management

get rid of the bad apples.

"OK I guess"

Former Employee - Customer Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Specialist

Pros

Felixble Schedule, seeing clients and helping them out, lots of autonomy if you are hitting your goals, industrial dress code. I actually liked the job and was successful at it.

Cons

Constant Price increases, commission rates based on jacking prices up on the customers, pay is pretty bad, management is the worst of any company I've ever worked for, trying to fit all customers into "VMI" even though alot of companies do not want this (lose alot of sales b/c of this), bad reputation in the market b/c of shady reps

Advice to Management

Hire some managers with experience. Fastenal has crazy turnover so I'm sure you could find some there. Promoting from with in would help too. Also to Senior Management, get off your computers/conference calls and get in the field. Don't just come see us when we have "big meetings", but ride with us on a regular day. Had 2 of these with my manager in 2 years with the company. 1/2 the time I couldn't get anyone on the phone. One last thing is if you're promoting "sales growth" you need to let out to pasture these old man reps. These guys have been doing this for 20-30-40 years, you actually think they're going to make a cold call or drum up new business?